Subscribe to receive a complimentary Retrofit Pilates exercise video delivered directly to your inbox.
Update August 10, 2020.
The Ontario government has now confirmed the rules governing the reopening of fitness facilities including studios and gyms.
We will be reopening Retrofit Pilates in two phases. In the first phase, we will resume in-studio private instruction August 10th. In the second phase, we will resume in-studio group equipment classes with a modified group-class schedule in September.
For those of you who are not yet ready to return, we will continue to offer our robust schedule of online group classes, private sessions and video-on-demand.
The health and safety of our members and our team is a top priority. We have enhanced our already comprehensive cleaning and sanitization procedures and have implemented several new health and safety protocols to conform with and exceed government mandates and industry standards.
Before You Enter the Studio:
In good health verification is required before entering the studio. You will not be permitted entry to the studio if you have any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, runny nose, loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea; or if you have been in close contact with someone who is sick or has confirmed COVID-19 in the past 14 days; or have returned from travel outside Canada in the past 14 days.
IF YOU ANSWERED YES TO ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS, GO HOME AND SELF-ISOLATE RIGHT AWAY. CALL TELEHEALTH (1-866-797-0000) OR YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER TO FIND OUT IF YOU NEED A COVID-19 TEST.
48-hours before your scheduled private appointment you will receive a reminder email with a link to a health screening. If you answer yes to any question on the health screening you must reschedule your appointment. There will be no charge for appointments cancelled or 24-hours in advance.
Inside the Studio:
• As mandated by municipal ordinance, the wearing of your own personal mask is required in-studio for all clients, staff, and teachers. We are closely observing government and industry standards requiring the wearing of masks while exercising. At this point there is no definitive protocol.
• Because Retrofit clients and teachers will be able to maintain social distancing during workouts. You may be allowed to remove your mask during your personal workout. We will continue to monitor the situation and may modify our mask policy as needed.
• The studios and common spaces have been reconfigured to allow clients, teachers and staff to physical distance at all times while in-studio.
• Clients will be admitted to the studio no more than 5 minutes before class time.
• Class sizes and studio capacity have been reduced to ensure physical distancing at all times while in class.
• All corrections and modifications will be verbally cued and hands-off.
• Contact-free check-in for classes will be completed on your mobile device so you do not need to check in at the front desk.
• All payments will be contact-free through the use of the Retrofit App or online.
• Plexi barriers have been installed at reception areas.
Equipment Usage and Cleaning:
• Each workout space in private sessions and group classes will have its own designated set of closed-cell, non-porous equipment and individualized props. Sharing of equipment and common storage has been discontinued. All equipment loops and handles have been replaced with vinyl products that can be sanitized after each use.
• Class length has been modified to allow suitable cleaning and sanitization time between classes. All clients will be instructed on new cleaning protocols in-studio. Our already comprehensive cleaning procedures have been enhanced to include one-step hospital-grade disinfectant and contact sterilization with individual cleaning bottles and single use micro-fibre cloths.
• You must sanitize your hands before entering the workout area and again after class before exiting the studio. Hand sanitization stations are located throughout the studios.
• All clients and teachers must wear Pilates or other grip socks or shoes (for instructors). Bare feet are no longer permitted in the studio.
• We encourage you to wear non-slip workout gloves with a grip surface for safety or bring your own sticky pads.
Will the washrooms be open?
Yes, all the washrooms will be open.
Will the water cooler be available?
No, for the foreseeable future the water coolers will be unavailable. We ask you to bring your own water bottle.
Do I have to wear a mask during my class?
As mandated by municipal ordinance, the wearing of your own personal mask is required upon entering the studio for all clients, staff, and teachers. We have found bamboo mask to be the lightest and most comfortable. If you arrive at the studio without a mask we will have disposable paper masks available for purchase.
Do I clean my own equipment?
Yes, we are asking you to clean your reformer and equipment after class. Each station will have it’s own individual cleaning bottle with one-step hospital-grade disinfectant and contact sterilization, and single use micro-fibre cloths. Your instructor will give you instructions after each class. Feel free to wipe your equipment before class starts as well.
Will the Change Rooms be open?
No, for the foreseeable future the Change Rooms will be unavailable. We ask you arrive dressed for class.