Subscribe to sign-up for Retrofit Pilates newsletter.
Health and Safety Protocols: Updated April 1, 2022
Open for In-Studio Group Classes and Private Sessions.
Online Group Classes and Private Sessions continue.
We have chosen to take a measured response to the changes to public health mandates regarding masking and vaccine verification.
• Retrofit will continue to enforce the wearing of masks in-studio.
• Retrofit will continue to require all in-studio participants to provide proof of vaccination.
• Retrofit will continue to require all in-studio participants to self-monitor for COVID symptoms and to stay away from the studio if they test positive for COVID or are if they are symptomatic.
We are maintaining these protocols until further notice because we believe this is the safest way to move forward.
We are so grateful for your continued support.
Retrofit Vaccination Policy:
In keeping with Toronto Public Health recommendations to protect against COVID-19, Retrofit Pilates has implemented a Vaccination Policy. All Retrofit staff and clients are required to be fully vaccinated (two doses) in order to participate in studio classes or use our facilities.
Participants must present proof of vaccine in person, to your instructor or Client Services on your next visit to the studio. A picture or pdf of your vaccination records on your phone is the preferred method of presentation; emails are not allowed.
Once proof has been shown, a note will be placed on your file indicating that you have complied with this request. Please note that no health records will be kept.
You can use the button below to link to the Ontario Health website to download a pdf of your vaccination records:
Inside the Studio:
• Masks: Retrofit Pilates requires clients and staff wear masks at all times while in the studio, including during your class or work-out.
• Contact-free check-in for classes will be completed on your mobile device so you do not need to check in at the front desk. All payments will be contact-free through use of the Retrofit App or online.
• Clients will be admitted to the studio no more than 5 minutes before class time.
• Class length has been modified to allow suitable cleaning and sanitization time between classes. Group classes are 50 minutes. Private sessions are 50 minutes. All clients will be instructed on new cleaning protocols in-studio. Our already comprehensive cleaning procedures have been enhanced to include one-step hospital-grade disinfectant and contact sterilization with individual cleaning bottles and single use micro-fibre cloths.
• You must sanitize your hands before entering the workout area and again after class before exiting the studio. Hand sanitization stations are located throughout the studios.
• All clients and teachers must wear Pilates or other grip socks or shoes (for instructors). Bare feet are no longer permitted in the studio.
• We encourage you to wear non-slip workout gloves with a grip surface for safety or bring your own sticky pads.