Subscribe to sign-up for Retrofit Pilates newsletter.
Health and Safety Protocols: Updated January 21, 2022
We are closed for In-Studio Group Classes until January 31.
Online Group Classes continue.
The health and safety of our members and our team is a top priority. We have enhanced our already comprehensive cleaning and sanitization procedures and have implemented several new health and safety protocols to conform with and exceed government mandates and industry standards.
Retrofit Vaccination Policy:
In keeping with Toronto Public Health recommendations to protect against COVID-19, Retrofit Pilates has implemented a Vaccination Policy. All Retrofit staff and clients are required to be fully vaccinated (two doses) in order to participate in studio classes or use our facilities.
Participants must present proof of vaccine in person, to your instructor or Client Services on your next visit to the studio. A picture or pdf of your vaccination records on your phone is the preferred method of presentation; emails are not allowed.
Once proof has been shown, a note will be placed on your file indicating that you have complied with this request. Please note that no health records will be kept.
You can use the button below to link to the Ontario Health website to download a pdf of your vaccination records:
In good health verification:
You will receive a reminder email with a link to a health screening 24-hours before your scheduled private appointment or group class. If you answer yes to any question on the health screening you must reschedule your appointment. There will be no charge for appointments cancelled or 24-hours in advance or group class cancelled 12-hours in advance. You must complete the screening before EACH appointment or class. If you do not complete the screening before arriving at the studio you will be required to complete it on the Retrofit app on your personal mobile device before your class or appointment.
Inside the Studio:
• Masks: Retrofit Pilates requires clients and staff wear masks at all times while in the studio, including during your class or work-out.
• Contact-free check-in for classes will be completed on your mobile device so you do not need to check in at the front desk. All payments will be contact-free through use of the Retrofit App or online.
• Clients will be admitted to the studio no more than 5 minutes before class time.
• Each workout space in private sessions and group classes will have its own designated set of closed-cell, non-porous equipment and individualized props. Sharing of equipment and common storage has been discontinued. All equipment loops and handles have been replaced with vinyl products that can be sanitized after each use.
• Class length has been modified to allow suitable cleaning and sanitization time between classes. Group classes are 50 minutes. Private sessions are 50 minutes. All clients will be instructed on new cleaning protocols in-studio. Our already comprehensive cleaning procedures have been enhanced to include one-step hospital-grade disinfectant and contact sterilization with individual cleaning bottles and single use micro-fibre cloths.
• You must sanitize your hands before entering the workout area and again after class before exiting the studio. Hand sanitization stations are located throughout the studios.
• All clients and teachers must wear Pilates or other grip socks or shoes (for instructors). Bare feet are no longer permitted in the studio.
• We encourage you to wear non-slip workout gloves with a grip surface for safety or bring your own sticky pads.